Traditionally, red and green pepper jellies are served at Christmas time with cream cheese and cracker. And that is an absolutely awesome counterbalance to all the sweetness of cookies, cakes and other sweet goodies! As well as a nice appetizer for Christmas parties.
But there are so many more ways to enjoy pepper jellies throughout the year! And so many more varieties!
Here are some of our favourite uses for the rest of the year:
- glaze for meat and game: after you have brown the meat well from all sides, 10 minutes before the meat is done, spread the pepper jelly of your choice on the meat and let it caramelize. You’ll have a new and flavourful taste of your roasts
- rub it on your steak short before it is done on the BBQ and here we suggest any hot pepper jellies. To determine how hot the pepper jelly of your choice is we included the Scoville scale.
- spread it on chicken breast and then 10 minutes before they are done pour some cream on top. We suggest Orange Pepper Jelly with Garlic or Yellow Pepper Jelly with Ginger
- for a salad dressing combine a little cream and a pepper jelly of your choice, a little salt and pepper to taste
- as a dip made of sour cream, mayo and your favourite pepper jelly
- marinade meat in a mix of your favourite pepper jelly
- in stir-fries
- burgers and wraps
- coat bacon with Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 180° C flip after about 10 minutes and bake until crisp
- tacos and ribs
- blend it into your frozen margaritas, here especially the Red Pepper Jelly with Chili
- use it as a topping for vanilla ice cream, we love the Wheels of Fire with it 😉
- spice up your peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Pepper Pear or Campfire Treat
- phyllo pastry tarts appetizer
- on savoury thumbprint cookies, we recommend our “Traffic Light” Pepper Jellies: Red Pepper Jelly with Chili, Yellow Pepper Jelly with Ginger and Green Pepper Jelly with golden Tequila
- pinwheel appetizer made with a tortilla wrap and cream cheese mixed with any kind of the pepper jellies
- top a baked brie with it and serve with french bread
- dip chicken fingers, wings and tenders into warmed pepper jelly
There is no end to the possible uses! Let us know your ideas and we will add them to the list!